Assorted notions for tabletop RPGs

Thursday, June 20, 2024

I sell nerdy shirts now

 SO a number of years ago, a site called Betabrand had an interesting contest- any user could submit a design, and if enough people said they'd buy it if it got made, they'd make it. At the time I was growing tired of wearing t-shirts every day, and dreamt up a nerdy button-down design inspired by my teenage love of drawing maps on whatever graph paper I could come across. 

admit it- you want one

 

I cooked up an old-school shirt design, and it did fairly well in their contest. I actually had a pretty solid number of respondents say they'd love to own it- and of course, I wanted one too.

Sadly, Betabrand didn't get a lot of submissions for men's shirts, so they dropped out of menswear to focus on women's athletic apparel. Fair enough, and I'm sure their stuff is great, but not a good fit for my design. Periodically over the years I looked into getting fabric printed and having one custom made, but it was always a bit out of reach.

Behold, today we live in an age of wonders. With the growth of digital print-on-demand and drop-shipping, I found a way to bring that design to life- and a few more as well.After ordering a few shirts for myself to make sure they were of decent quality (yup, they are), I've launched a humble Etsy store I'm calling Vorpal Threads

I've got four designs so far, three that are D&D themed and one devoted to my love of the old vector arcade classic Asteroids. If you're in the market for slightly upscale nerdwear, have a look (and keep an eye out for more designs to come)




here's how it looks on a balding old nerd


No comments:

Post a Comment

I sell nerdy shirts now

 SO a number of years ago, a site called Betabrand had an interesting contest- any user could submit a design, and if enough people said the...